Tuesday, September 20, 2005

AR Concert Review Part 1


At last time to write the first part of the review.... So here goes... I am guessing I am going to make it all rather detailed... Hopefully make you all feel like you were a part of it... So lets just wait and see... Sit back and try to enjoy the show as much as I did...

The gates were open at 5... We got there around 6:30... Parking had to be pre-booked... We parked and hurried into the auditorium... There were sooo many Indians... Everyone trying to push their way in, not realising there was a turnstile almost completely free... But I guess that was good for us... We found our way in quickly... Looked at the huge surroundings... Many Indians filled up the place... Every place outside was packed... We quickly got something to eat and went to find our seat... We entered the huge auditorium... located our seat... scanned the crowds, surveyed the surroundings... finally sat down and waited with baited breath...

Sydney Superdome

It was 7... The concert was meant to begin... However it did not... We fiddled with everything we had... Including the 3D glasses, required for the concert... They hardly seemed to have any proper 3D effect... It seemed like time was going very slow... It was occupied however by seeing and talking to familiar faces, always good to catch up, without knowing... So after that we settled in our seats... It was 7:15 and on came the very lively MC for the day... Cheers all around as the program was about to begin... The announcement was made...

The screen lit up...On it there were the words,


"Thanks to the creator
for making music
the language of all languages"


I thought this was absolutely sweet and extremely relevant...

Finally the wait ended and out came the GREAT A.R Rahman! :) I was sooo happy as this had been like a dream come true... or rather something I have always looked forward to... He burst out into Phaana, form Ayuthu Ezhuthu (Yuva in hindi)... He sang it in Hindi though... But still the song was the same and it was AR so no complaints whatsoever... He sounded great, no surprises there, the whole huge auditorium was filled with his powerful voice... AMAZING to describe it in short... He was occumpanied by someone else, not sure who it was, the face was familiar, but I really don't know... I think she was a chorus girl... She also sang really well...

For now I will end it with the first song... wait for a detailed review on the rest of the concert, song after song... I wrote it all down... What a nerd you say... hmm yeah i guess so... But come on its an AR Concert and these memories should last me a lifetime... and plus I have to share them with all of you... ;)

Blogroll Me!

17 Comments:

At 6:52 AM, Blogger Jeevan said...

Super reviwe Preethi, i feel like gone to show waiting for the hole Review. Happy holydays. THanks a lot to chat with me.

 
At 7:50 AM, Blogger Ram said...

Wow! You are some AR Rahman freak!
And yeah, the superdome pic is awesome :PP

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger Priya said...

ARR rocks!!!!! yo! high five!

..p.

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger Bhavesh said...

Me wondering wen i ll ever c d man live.. some day i will..!!

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger Random Access said...

bittu bitta pottu torture panadheengappa !!! full a podunga..

Random Access
The search has just begun !!!

 
At 9:56 PM, Blogger Cogito said...

We have the same 3D concert here in Singapore on Saturday ! Looking fwd to your detailed review.

 
At 10:15 PM, Blogger Harish said...

preethy
i envy u a lot
Let me see if my luck takes me to Blore to see this great guy in person

btw...nalla buildup tara aarambichuteenga..........

 
At 4:40 AM, Blogger Siddharth said...

is Phaana,yakai thiri?maybe the girl u saw as arr's sister..

 
At 5:50 AM, Blogger PreethZzZ The Original said...

jeevan: hehehe, thx...

Ram: yep, u surely got that rite! :) thx...

priya: rite bak at ya! 5's all around!

justme: goodluck, hope u do... def. something not to miss!

RA: Mwahahaha(*evil laugh*), patience is a virtue... and plus I am writing a bit at a time... bare with me!

Cogito: awesome.. ur going to it rite? don't expect too much of the 3D, but the rest is gr8... :)

Harish: hehehe, been working on the build up... thx! Goodluck to u 2!

Siddharth: yep thats the one.. and no it is not his sister for sure.. this chick didn't look like she could be even remotely related to him...lol...

 
At 8:54 AM, Blogger Random Access said...

Damn me Im so tied up on Saturday :(( Live videos of the ones in the US and middle east is my consolation... Ensoy cogito! He shud prob organise some midnight shows for guys like me who have been innocent victims of the corporate frenzy..:(

Preethi, weres the hp fotos? ;) Btw, givin bak a bit of my medicine huh? Wait till I finish my beedi...grrrrr

Random Access
The search has just begun !!!

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger Bharath Sattanathan said...

Hey that me awesome!
ARR rocks all the way!

 
At 5:29 PM, Blogger Nirav said...

Aaah... as if the previous post was not enough... you are now rubbing salt to my wounds :p
On a more serious note, will wait for the more detailed review... I felt so bad for missing out on this one... but had no choice, had another prior commitment :((

 
At 8:21 PM, Blogger Chez said...

Muaaaa!! I feel bad for missing it... waiting for ur further posts.

 
At 11:05 PM, Blogger Mysorean said...

Preethi,

AR Rahman! AR Rahman! AR Rahman! The name itself is music to me!

Fanaaa!!! Oooohhh!! I can hear the voice here in India!! That must have been so great!

I am not going to miss the AR Rahman 3D concert we have in Bangalore on October 8th. Wait for my review on it! It will rock!!

Whether there's 3D, 2D or No D, AR Rahman is enough yar! I know you agree!

I am blogrolling you! :) Two AR Rahman fans are anyway united by one cause, blogrolling is just a formality!

 
At 4:48 AM, Blogger ada-paavi!!!! said...

must have been awesome, enna raasi

 
At 6:11 AM, Blogger Vinesh said...

Awaiting the devotee's next post on her God :-)

I love Fanaah!

 
At 7:13 AM, Blogger PreethZzZ The Original said...

RA: hope u get to see him live someday or other! lol, yeh give a little take a little is my policy... ;) HP photos???

filtered sambhar: right on! ;)

nirav: u poor guy... wht could have been more important??? :S... I'll try to bring the concert to my blog, and let u experience it the way I did... (TRY being the keyword... :S)

Anand: U shld have gone! Oh well... Next post coming soon!

Adi: Join the crew... ;) Will wait eagerly for you review, even tho I've been there done that... ;)AR AR AR ROX!!! It's never enuf! Thx for the formality... hehehe... will soon be as formal... lol!

Vatsan: Not the same one as AR, but still oru rasi-annai rasi! ;)

Vinesh: LOL, I sing praises to him everyday and also sing what he has composed himself... Now who has ever heard of a God that composes songs... ;) Anyone out there wanting to compose one for the GOD??? He shouldn't be deprived of this... ;)...
I don't like the song Faanah cos we danced to it... and after I dance to a song, I hate it, if I used to like it and vice versa... Odd stuff!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home