Thursday, September 22, 2005

AR Concert Review Part 2

So here it is... The Review Part 2... Still unsure of how many parts there are to come... But trust me it will be very very detailed! So here it is... Starting from the second song of the night! Also before I forgot to tell you all about the so called "3D spectacular"... This was rather unspectacular, nothing too interesting, just backgrounds related to the songs were flying barely one metre out from where they were... Maybe it is because the 3D glasses were dodgy or something, but who really knows... Totally unimpressed with this and also I felt it was no use... As it detracted the attention from the main attractions which were the artists themselves...

Now here is the second unofficial start of the second review, starting with the second song of the night! It was Telephone Manipol from the movie Indian (Take note of this I will refer to this in a future review ;))... This was sung in hindi and tamil by Hariharan and Sadhana Sargam... I had no expectations for Hariharan, when concerning his voice on stage, as I have watched a couple of other live performances by him, which were not too flashy... But neverthless, he started and it was amazing... He sounded fantastic, loud powerful yet very melodious voice... Also suprisingly he stayed in tune throughout... He also managed to do his usual lively entertainment on stage, that is everything other than singing... Very lively performer... A delight to watch... lol... He added in Sydney Mallaipol to please the crowds... Those of you who were there did you realise he said it every time after the first??? I think he forgot to say it the first time.. lol!

Now Sadhana... Hmmm I don't like her... I heard that she was awesome from my friends who saw the concert in Melbourne... They said she was the best female singer on the night... So I expected her to live up to those standards... I was sourly dissapointed... Her voice sounded pretty good... She effortlessly reached the high notes, but this was just like any other pro singer... Nothing too interesting... The voice lacked a sparkle... I was ok with her voice for a fair way into the song... But as soon as she started singing in thamizh... Ooooo... I hated it... Her pronounciation was terrible.. Terribly off... Soooooo frustrating... Get it right or don't even try!

In the middle of this song, there was a drum bit for Sivamani and as expected he did an awesome, exxilerating job! But more to come on Sivamani's performance soon! So just wait and see... First time I am hearing him live... Sooo soooo awesome.... Me being someone who has always wanted to play drums was awe-struck, he was sooo fast and the beats just flowed... Too awesome... Of course AR's awesome music helped! ;)

[as an aside at home we were getting ready to go, and my aunt was commenting about my earrings saying, nice earrings... Why is it to make Hariharan feel jealous that his aren't as huge as yours... LOL... And well what do you know... He beat me, his were bigger than mine and a lot sparklier as well, mine were nothing compared to his... So guess who ended up being slightly envious... grrrr! JK! ]

Second Song... Endrendum.... Endrendrum... Endrendrum Punnagai...from Alaipaiyuthey! This was sung by Blaaze, George, Naresh and Ranjith... Very very lively to watch and great to hear... The guys really got into it and where dancing along & tapping their feet to the beats... Blaaze came in the middle and did his bit... He did well... A rapper, full hardcore style, as usual! He sung just like he did in the song, which is suprising and commendable... The other three did really well as well... George (has sung in Maro Maro from Boys, I'm not sure if its the same person in Kamma Kamma and Asathura in Ennaku 20Unnaku 18), Ranjith (unsure of whether he has sung in anything) and Naresh Iyer (Maiyil Izhagae (Ah Aah) fame)... All these three are chorus singers and they did a great job of reproducing the song, they did soo well I would say it was better than the original, maybe also because hearing this song "live", added more "life" to it! ;)

Third song was from... "Mangal Pandey-The Rising" One of AR's newest in hindi! "Mangal Mangal" was the song... The singer as I described him was some short guy with a ponytail dressed in a Poncho full of energy... My first thoughts were, "how could such a powerful voice come from a guy like that???"... He was a very small make... But boy oh boy was his voice powerful, really amazing... He was sooo lively, bouncing around the place, dancing with the beats... Showed his passion for singing... Oh btw... The guy I am talking about is none other than Kailash Kher, never would I have imagined him to look like this... He has an amazing voice... The song was made more lively by his enjoyment and enthusiasm! A very natural performer!

Fourth Song... Was from "Zubeidaa"... The song was "Mehndi Hai Rachnewali"... I have never heard this song before... I was not a big fan of this song... I also was not a big fan of the singer beforehand either, I didn't think her voice was too spectacular... I am talking about Alka Yagnik... However I was mistaken... She had a very nice powerful and precise way of singing... It was very melodious and she was extremely loud yet, she did not detract from the charm of her voice or the song... She was also always smiling! :)... This song was backed up by some dance by dancers and I think some of the chorus singers as well... The front two dancers were awesome the back dancers were the chorus singers and didn't dance with as much enthusiasm... The moves were not too flashy just small ones, giving the song a kinda homely touch!

There ends the review of the AR concert Part 2... This in itself has taken me ages... To think of what came in what order, what I should include, whether to put pics up, what pics to put, putting the pics together, writing and blabbing on like usual! Review 3 coming your way eventually as well! Normal blogging will resume after reviews are over!

Artists... They pics are not too clear, but clear enough I guess... I could not upload a larger version of this pic! Sorry guys... If its in high demand though I will...

BlogRoll Me!

17 Comments:

At 9:12 AM, Blogger Random Access said...

mmm...tonite was the concert here..and am here commenting :P Sad fate, but after readin thru this part, aint too sad abt missin it!

Random Access
The search has just begun !!!

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger PreethZzZ The Original said...

hmm... poor u... the concert was great... hmm wht do u mean after reading this part of the review???... did i not capture the essence of it properly??? or u don't like these songs??? or is it because of my negative comments (abt Sadhana, 3D & dancing)???

 
At 9:35 PM, Blogger Random Access said...

That was juz my way of consoling my ineptitude at attending the concert here.. :P

Random Access
The search has just begun !!!

 
At 9:36 PM, Blogger Random Access said...

Sorry, early morning..romba penatharen Englipiss kolarbudi oda :P

Random Access
The search has just begun !!!

 
At 2:14 AM, Blogger Mysorean said...

Hi Preethi,

Your review is very cute! :)

Keep 'em coming! Looking forward to the upcoming parts!

And please upload more and better quality photos!

 
At 2:43 AM, Blogger IcEyeZ said...

Hi Preethz,

Just went thro' some of ur blogz. Came to kno tht ur a hardcore fan of AR...did u happen to hear "Mayil Irage" from Anbe Aaruyire..its absolutely awesome ! :-)

 
At 4:16 AM, Blogger Bharath Sattanathan said...

Hey preethz,

After your first part I was excited enough to go ahead & buy my tickets for the concert here in Bangalore. Now after this part I am thinking..
Even though I am a great ARR fan & would certainly go ahead to see the concert I am not sure what do I set my expectations as?
Lets see anyways, Wait for my review on the 9th of October...

Filtered by sambhar!

 
At 4:44 AM, Blogger Ram said...

I am surprised that being a die-hard fan of AR Rahma, you still havent heard Zubeidaa.
According to me, it is one of his best albums. Try and get it soon!

 
At 5:59 AM, Blogger Jeevan said...

nice review. Preethi, is great fan of A.R.Rahman.:)

 
At 6:06 AM, Blogger Bhavesh said...

ar rehman all around.. me wanna hear him sing.. DIL SE RE.. my fav..!! i promised myself some day i will..!!

 
At 6:06 AM, Blogger Bhavesh said...

ar rehman all around.. me wanna hear him sing.. DIL SE RE.. my fav..!! i promised myself some day i will..!!

 
At 9:34 AM, Blogger div said...

good review preethi. i was playing the songs mentioned here on the background while going through the review.. even i am a very big fan of AR..
i like kailash kher very much . i got to hear his interview on the radio(91 fm) . he is as good as his voice.. have you heard the song Allah Ke (Waisa Bhi Hota Hai). his voice is awesome in it.

 
At 10:12 AM, Blogger Siddharth said...

u have captured ur excitment very well by not sticking 2 a formal style review.the reader can feel what u were feeling.ur well on ir way 2 writing a mini biography of arr sydney concert.earings pati lan pesi..romba vityasamana review dan!!

 
At 5:00 PM, Blogger VJ said...

Kewl reviews Preethi!

ARR is my favorite as well - just a bit disappointed that he is not giving too many movies of late. I have not attended a concert as yet - but from what you have captured so far - seems to be an exciting affair! Once you get done with all your reviews shall recommend a couple of catchy numbers close to ARR music...

Keep going with your reviews...

 
At 8:51 PM, Blogger Jagan said...

hey ..looks like i will miss the bangalore concert :-( ..and reading ur review makes me feel worse ..

 
At 1:06 AM, Blogger Harish said...

Preeth
Gonna miss the concert in Blore yaar...
Gotta go home
And reading ur review is salt on wounds...Boo hoo hoo...

 
At 5:37 PM, Blogger Speech is Golden said...

Hi!

Been readin ur Rahman concert reviews. And boy o boy!!! Can it get more detailed! Diff bet'n men n women, am sure no one even bothered to look at Hari's ears; forget earrings. Good work! u musta been seated pretty close. (ur pics r gr8 too. mine were as crappy as it gets)

Finally finished my own review of the concert. Chk it out. maybe we concur on a few things. (we certainly didn't concur on Sadhna Sargam)

Cheers,
Ram

 

Post a Comment

<< Home